House Party!
Ok... so this is a little late-ish, but I wanted to write a bit about the CU's weekend away that was on the last weekend in October. It was really good fun, we went through some more of Acts(I have been studying Acts like crazy as of late: at Calvary Church of Placentia, OC, Back To Claremont Conference, my own quiet times, Carrubers, House Party, and in Small Group.. I feel like I should be an expert or something) The talks were really encouraging and challenging, but the most profound thing that sticks in my head was at the last meeting on Sunday, we just closed in silent prayer and I was just completely overwhelmed by how God has blessed me, not only with an amazing community in 3CIV, but also 8 timezones away here in Edinburgh.. it is so amazing how He has provided a community that I can just get plugged into.

There was also alot of fun events, on the Friday night, some of the guys were playing random games, like "table climbing" and "sock wars" which Fiona and I stumbled upon in the common room and got a good laugh. The guy in the navy blue rugby shirt is Ian.. he is really loud and great fun!
On Saturday, I played ultimate frisbee in the mud(it is so hard to write that with just one d), it was great fun, but Josiah definitely got the muddiest. And that night there was a ceildh. I love ceildhs, they are probably the most fun things that I have done here in Scotland. In the middle, when the band was taking a break, there was a dance off.. so funny and some skits and other talents.
Then we also played a form of musical chairs, but with all the guys knees instead of chairs. I made it to the last 6, but then was caught in a spot between the two remaining guys. ah well. Then we all finished off the Grease medley by singing summer nights..so fun.
After the ceildh, we played spoons and I made it to 2nd with a bandaged finger(see another post) and after that we played forfeit darts,where everyone would shoot a dart and if you hit the target you were free, but those that missed
kept going until only one person was left and then they had to do the forfeit, which was mostly just injesting different things, like a large quantity of garlic, chili powder, or powdered gravy. I managed to not have to do a forfeit, but the guy that won spoons did 3, including the masses of garlic.. ugh.Overall, a grand weekend, I also met/got to know alot of the people in CU that I hadn't really gotten a chance to talk to before, so that was really cool too.There was also some food left over, so we were able to grab some to take home.. this is what Josiah went after (it's coffee).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home