Friday, April 01, 2005

Some Things I've Been Thinking About the Last Month

Yeah..Yeah.. so I haven't updated this dude for a while and I could attribute it to a many number of things. I've gotten more into Myers-Briggs recently and me being a ENTP I tend not to write anything down and suck at self reflection. But I think that I would more commonly attribute it to not having any time due to all the gosh-darned work. But is that really a valid excuse? I mean granted there is alot of work to be done, but I think it is not as oppressive as it often seems to be. Since when did I buy into the idea that my stress and overall attitude should be directly related to my workload? Why do I always seek some kind of escape, usually through useless movies and TV shows on the network?

The truth is that the work is doable and my view on life should not be determined by how much homework I have to do that evening. I need to get my priorities straight. Grades will not save me from the pit, only Jesus can do that. The difficult part of these revelations is in application, but I will pray for perserverence and awareness in the day to day, because I know that I cannot do anything on my own, despite my seeming "toughness." How is it that we can forget the God of the Universe? That seems so ridiculous to me, but it happens to me ALL THE TIME.

Lord, I pray that you will continue your work in me and discard my old self so that my new self in You can shine through!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on!

8:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can certainly identify. I wonder if God wouldn't be doing me a service to strike me blind-- of course, that's foolishness too, because the problem of my absorption in this world isn't about my circumstances, it's about my heart.

Stupid...heart.

6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home