Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Weather and Weekend Fun

The weather here is pretty crazy. If you ask people about it, they would tell you if you didn't like the weather to wait an hour. Because it changes all the time. All the time. On Friday, evertime I came out of the building the weather would be different, raining one time and sunny the next.. I even saw a rainbow because it was sunny and rainy at the same time. It is also ridiculously windy, especially up on top of Arthur's seat. (its between a mountain and a hill where you have a nice panoramic view of the city... hopefully I'll put up some pictures soon... I'm still working on getting internet in my room.)

This Saturday, Arcadia had a trip to Falkland Palace and St. Andrews, a city on the eastern coast. Renee and I went to the beach and actually into the water... it was freezing cold, and the waves were tiny, but fun to see the ocean. We also went to the castle, cathedral and graveyard. I have an interesting (at least I like to think it is interesting) fascination with graveyards. It is just cool to read what other people were like and to imagine what their day to day life was like.

On Sunday, the rugby team had a game in Glasgow (on the west coast of Scotland, about an hour away) it was pretty fun, but we got clobbered. I also played alot of different positions, none of which were my normal one, that was exciting. Then when we came back I went to an evening service at Carruber's Church which is on the Royal Mile(also known as High Street with the Castle on one end and Holyrood Palace on the other) there was also a student night after the service and some people I knew from the CU were there and the leader was American so that was nice and we sang songs I knew.

Last night, we had a party for our friend Josiah from Seattle who turned 22. My flatmates and I made him a coffee cake because he is a coffee-aholic/ conisore. Then we went to some other people's flat and had pancakes, but more like Swedish style, kinda like crepes or something in America and then we went back to another flat and watched Garden State... I love that movie. All in all a good night. Especially because my first class was at 2 today. Anyway hope everyone is having fun in the States, I appreciate all your comments and emails. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Connoiseur.

8:15 am  
Blogger Renee Christine Campbell said...

I am posting a comment on your blog.

3:14 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Connoisuck!

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home