Thursday, September 22, 2005

Amusements...

So one thing (among many) that I find amusing about Edinburgh is that there is a plethora of seagulls. I mean I never expected to see seagulls so far away from warmness. I guess it kinda makes sense because we are close to water, but I had no idea that they lived so far north. There are some seagulls in this picture... see those white specks? And this isn't Edinburgh, it's St. Andrew's but you know you'll just have to deal without the Edinburgh birds and trust me that these are pretty similar!



Another thing that my flatmates and I find amusing is the little differences in words. Like they use maths instead of math. Or a line where people are waiting for their turn is called a queue. Anyway, we have spent hours and hours just making fun of each other.. it is really cool. And it is nice to have people to banter with in the absense of my old abusees.
I saw the new Pride and Prejudice last night. It was pretty good. But I definitely like the Colin Firth version better. But there is some pretty cool cinemetography in the new one. And I also like the new Mr. Collins better, but it definitely missed some of the little subtleties of the Jane Austen awesomeness. Anyhow hope the rain over in Cali is subsiding...hehe. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee Christine Campbell said...

YAYAYAYAYAYA I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!

3:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie too!
I hope it is good!

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home