Uganda Prayer Update #1 (sent 1/21/08)
Hello Everyone!
Greetings from Colorado Springs! I have been here for the past week for intern orientation with eMi (www.emiworld.org ). Orientation was a great time to meet the new interns and see a few of the old. We heard testimonies of the staff and discussions of the role of the church and world poverty. Going through the second time, I retained more of the information we were given. I was especially struck by the talk on poverty and our discussion of the best ways to help people through building relationships and serving with an attitude of humility. I get on a plane for Uganda in a few hours and I am so excited to spend this time there and see what God will do!
Please pray for:
-safe travels for me and the other 3 interns with me. Also that all our luggage will also arrive safely.
-our group of interns to get along well and grow together as we live in community.
-a spirit of humility and grace as we enter a new culture.
-avenues to build relationships with Ugandans.
-financial support ( I currently need $6591.80)
Thanks to everyone for your support, both in prayer and finances, I greatly appreciate it. Praise God that He is working and that He uses us.
~Heather Martelle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home